Sunday, April 1, 2012

At the Markets...

13 Jan 2012: Shane took me to the markets (New Markets) on a Friday. "Holy Day", so Shane explains to me, "not so much traffic or crowds". Personally, I thought the 'lack of crowds' would equate to Sydney or Melbourne peak hour congestion.

Shane sees a stall holder selling Calvin Klein underwear and approaches as he needs some more jocks. The Bangladeshi gentleman behind the stall immediately opens up a pack of three jocks (having sized Shane up in two seconds flat); holds up a pair of jocks with fingers crooked in either end of the waist band stretching the elastic as wide as he can and saying, "Big" with a huge grin on his face. Shane gives me a resigned look and comments how they kept doing this to him in Chang Mai and Bangkok (he's been worrying about his weight).... I shrug my shoulders, and say, "He's referring to your crotch size of course, Honey" hah hah whilst trying not to wet myself laughing!

I explain to him later that it was Karma for my shoes not fitting as I went through (yet again, what a sucker for punishment) another Cindarella ugly stepsister episode trying on shoes in about four shoe stalls, and do you think I could get any to fit? No way, not on my unladylike hoofers!  Anyhow, the markets were amazing, more stalls than you could dream up, colour, crowds, filth and pushy stall holders etc and whilst I am glad I went and saw, I don't know that I would make it a frequent event. But it is definitely a 'must do' for any newcomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment